Lauren and Luke Smallcomb from Flourish Therapy join Amy on the Untangled Faith podcast today to talk about healing from painful experiences in faith communities. Lauren and Luke have their own story of disillusionment as they reckoned with the American evanglical faith system they were brought up in.
After serving as missionaries for several years, the Smallcombs transitioned to doing counseling while still living abroad. You’re going to enjoy hearing their story and their insights.
In this episode, you will:
- Discover healthy approaches to advocacy pitfalls in faith communities for a more inclusive and supportive environment.
- Embrace self-reflection and self-awareness to unlock the key to personal growth and healing within faith communities.
- Learn how to access and express anger in a constructive way to navigate the healing process and find peace.
- Unlock the power of compassionate curiosity and grace in faith communities to foster understanding, empathy, and healing.
- Explore the importance of healing from pain within faith communities and discover practical steps to embark on your own journey of healing.
- Luke and Lauren’s instagram: https://www.instagram.com/flourish_therapy/
- Luke and Lauren’s website: https://flourishtherapy.co
Leave me a voice mail message!
I would love to share your voice in an upcoming episode celebrating 100 episodes of the podcast. You can go to this link to leave me a message: https://untangledfaithpodcast.com/hello
Episodes you might enjoy:
Support the show:
Subscribe to my newsletter: https://untangledfaith.substack.com
Join us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/untangledfaith
This podcast is sponsored by Faithful Counseling. For more information and for 10% off your first month, visit Faithful Counseling- https://faithfulcounseling.com/untangled
Where you can find me:
Youtube channel- https://youtube.com/channel/UCPfFk-I6QShXXvEpSFaJOvg
Host/Creator: Amy Fritz
Phil and Susan Perdue