“We want to present God as the savior that he is. He’s a savior from our sin and shame.” – Rebecca Davis
Author, Rebecca Davis, joins Amy Fritz to talk about teachings in the Christian church about suffering and brokenness.
In this episode, you’ll learn about:
- How unraveling harmful church teachings can cultivate spiritual enrichment.
- The role of critical thinking and discernment as indispensable tools in biblical interpretation.
- The portrayal of God as a comforting sanctuary for those who’ve experienced abuse.
- The importance of an empathetic and accepting church environment in facilitating individual healing.
- Work with Rebecca: https://heresthejoy.com/rebecca-davis-info/
- Buy Rebecca’s new book: https://amzn.to/3ECVaCD
Episodes you might enjoy:
Support the show:
Subscribe to my newsletter: https://untangledfaith.substack.com
Join us on Patreon: https://patreon.com/untangledfaith
This podcast is sponsored by Faithful Counseling. For more information and for 10% off your first month, visit Faithful Counseling- https://faithfulcounseling.com/untangled
Where you can find me:
Youtube channel- https://youtube.com/channel/UCPfFk-I6QShXXvEpSFaJOvg
Host/Creator: Amy Fritz
Phil and Susan Perdue